G-Code support - Simplify3D, Cura and the Micro

Software related threads

Re: G-Code support - Simplify3D, Cura and the Micro

Postby Marcus_C » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:55 pm

scooper wrote:ok, folks - what's the verdict? Does Simplify3D work with the Micro? And if so, is it better than what you get with the latest software from M3D?
Also, just so I'm on the clear - the way Simplify3D works with the Micro is it outputs printer instructions (G code) to a file, and then I start the M3D software, go into advanced, and load G code from a file. Correct?

Also, as a neophyte to 3d printing (but pretty computer savvy) - is Simplify3D simple to use? Or will it require as much time in software as it takes to get the model printed in order to get good results?
thanks!

So I manage to make Simplify3d communicate with mi Micro3D by installing iMe firmware. The problem is that I have a hard time fine tuning the profile in order to make it print properly.

I tried the default M3 Micro profile and I also tried another profile I found on this thread (MIcro_Profile_v1.0) but both won't make the whole thing work as-is.

My major problem seems to be the fact that they make the M3D extract too much and then PLA won't come out the extruder anymore so my prints always fail.

Does someone manage to make iMe firmware work with Simplify3d and if so, could that person share the profile & settings so I can test it?

Thanks.
Marcus_C
Novice

Postby steve220 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:10 am

I picked up S3D and couldn't get it to work with the latest M3D software. I would get the cannot cold extrude error or the invalid gcode error. I emailed S3d (they responded very quickly) and they said the only version of M3D that would run the gcode is 1.3.6.3. Sure enough, it ran the code, but the bed level calibration is wonky on that version (at least it is for me). The head would drag on the bed for the first several layers and nothing would extrude. After a few layers, the nozzle would be high enough to extrude and the print would succeed. I calibrated the bed with a couple of index cards stacked under the nozzle and this work around performed well.

I'm not sure I want to run the old version, since it doesn't have presets for the newer filaments like tough ink or ABS-R.

Has anyone been able to edit the gcode from S3D and get it to run on the latest M3D software?
steve220
Novice

Postby LakeWaconia » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:21 am

Has anyone figured out how to get Simplify3D to work with latest version of M3D software? I've used the most recent M3D FFF file posted on here, but still get the "Error: Cannot cold extrude"
LakeWaconia
Novice

Postby cle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:06 pm

i would like to use cura 3.1 with the micro.
is there any kind of experience out there or
does anybody have ever tried this and can give me some advice or just a hint?
cle
Novice

Previous

Return to Software